Banner

Orchard Girls

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thrifty Thursday: DIY Nursing Tank Top Ideas

If you've every browsed online or in stores for a nursing tank top you'll know what I'm talking about. They can be very expensive. I saw this one that I thought would be very comfortable and easy to use, but at $59.00 - I had to stop and re-evaluate. 
Glamourmom - Nursing Bra/Tank Full Bust Long Top ($59.00)

However, I thought that if I could find a tank top that I loved, I wonder if I could turn it INTO a nursing tank top? Well, I found a tank top that I love! Believe it or not, it was only $5.99. Anyway, I decided to pick up a couple of them. Two in black and one in a cream color. Eventually I would like to turn at least one of them into a nursing tank. Here are a few ideas that I've found to help me get started.

1. Button Snaps - This first one is a little different from the rest, as it is attached with button snaps. I feel like it would be nice for thicker strapped tank tops (which is what I have) gotta have the support, ya know? :)

 2. Attached to Nursing Bra - This one is actually attached to a nursing bra, which is a good idea - and the most common one i've seen. These would work great, however, for me personally, I like the extra support from the tank top straps - which is eliminated from this approach.
 3. Eyelet Attachment - This idea would work well too. Just attaching an eyelet to both straps of the tank top and clasp it open and shut.
Hopefully these gave you a few ideas of how to make YOUR own Nursing tank top - or at least try to, before you spend an arm and leg for a name brand one! Once I purchase my nursing bra clasps I am going to try and make one. What I have in mind is actually a bit different then all of these - I'll let you know how it goes, and post a tutorial! :) Have a wonderful evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...