Banner

Orchard Girls

Friday, January 17, 2014

WWEW:Crockpot Corn Chowder

Hi guys! I hope you're having a great day so far. Okay, so I know today is actually FRIDAY and not Wednesday, but I was so anxious to share with you the gender of our baby, I decided to post that Wednesday and this today. Anyway, for Christmas we got a large crockpot from my in-laws. I couldn't wait to use it! So what else did I do, but go searching on pinterest. I found a few different recipes, but this one stood out, so I decided to give it a try. Today, I am sharing with you a recipe for a delicious week night meal. Corn Chowder!
Crockpot Corn Chowder
Ingredients:
  • 6 potatoes peeled, cubed
  • 1 can (14 ounce) creamed corn
  • 1 1/2 cup corn frozen
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 8 ounces ham diced
  • 1 teaspoon white pepper
  • 1 teaspoon sweet basil
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 stick butter softened
  • 2 cups half & half
  • 1 cup colby jack cheese shredded (plus more, obviously)
  • 3 green onions sliced, green part only
Directions:
  1. Place potatoes, corn, chicken broth, ham, pepper, basil and onions into the crockpot.
  2. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
  3. Using a handheld potato masher, mash the mixture to your desired consistency.
  4. Add the butter and half and half.
  5. Cook for an additional 30 minutes on high.
  6. Top with cheese and green onions.
  7. Serve with your favorite bread.
Crockpot Corn Chowder

(Adapted from TheHungryHoarder)

This recipe was super easy to make and ended up tasting DELICIOUS! Everyone loved it. Let me know if you're going to give it a try or if you have any questions!






As always, we link up to these fun parties HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...