Banner

Orchard Girls

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

WWEW: Dorito Taco Salad

Hey everyone! I have a family favorite recipe to share today. We've been eating this for over a year now, ever since we were given the recipe by a family friend. It's our favorite taco salad, and it probably has something to do with the nacho cheese doritos!

Here are the ingredients:
-1 lb ground beef or turkey
-1 pkt of taco seasoning, or make your own w/ our homemade mix
-1 can of black beans, rinsed
-1/2 head of lettuce, shredded
-1 large tomato, diced
-1 large bag of nacho cheese doritos (you could substitute regular shredded cheese, too)
Sauce
-1 cup mayo
-1/2 cup salsa
-2-3 Tbs lemon juice

And here are the directions:
1. Brown ground beef/turkey, make according to taco seasoning directions.
2. Layer meat in bottom of large bowl, add black beans, then top with lettuce, tomatoes, and crumbled doritos. 
3. Mix the mayo, salsa and lemon juice and pour onto taco salad. Mix it up.
OR (this is what we do)
1. Put all ingredients in separate bowls and let people make their own! This works better for leftovers because then the lettuce and chips don't get soggy. I also like less sauce than my husband does. It works out well.

I hope you guys give this recipe a try. It's an easy weeknight meal, and it's super tasty! I promise :)

We hope you enjoyed Kayla's announcement yesterday! I can't believe I'm going to be an auntie again.

Have a great day,
Check out the parties we link to!


2 comments:

  1. Wow! This sounds really really good. Thanks so much for sharing it on Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop. I am going to tell my FB fans to check it out, too.
    Blessings,
    Sinea
    Ducks ‘n a Row

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sinea! I'm glad you liked it, and thank you for hosting a wonderful party!
    -Kenzie

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...