Banner

Orchard Girls

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Cute $2.00 DIY - Party Trays!

Hi guys! I hope you're having a great Thursday so far. Its pretty gloomy here today, so Addie and I are just enjoying hanging out at home today-currently watching Charlotte's Web! I sent out Adeline's birthday invitations yesterday. I can't believe she will be one in 22 days. That is crazy to me! Anyway, for today's Thrifty Thursday I decided to share the first party supplies I made for her birthday party! The other day I found these cute decorative trays at Target in the dollar section (that place can be a gold mine!) Well, I decided to spruce them up - and make some party trays for her birthday! Here is what I came up with...
Cute $2 DIY- Party Trays
This was a really easy and quick project, that took only about a 1/2 hr. Here is what I used...
-4 decorative trays (from target dollar section) ($1/each)
-2, dollar store wine glasses 
-1 dollar store candle stick 
-1 mason jar (goodwill)
-scrapbook paper 

The only things I had to purchase for this project were the trays. Other than that, I already had the other materials on hand. The dollar store wine glasses worked best I think. For the scrapbook paper I cut strips and rolled them and placed them inside the containers, except the candle stick, which I cut out and glued a circle piece.
Cute $2 DIY- Party Trays
Not exactly sure what I'll use on them, but they would work good for these dessert bowls - or even fill them up with candies! I'll be sure to post pictures after her party.
Enjoy your day,
We link to these parties HERE!

4 comments:

  1. Trays are really cute! Found you at Katherine's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Cynthia! We're glad you liked them. Hope you have a wonderful weekend :)
      -Kayla

      Delete
  2. Another cute idea for these would be using small figurines/decorations inside the "bowl" of the wine glasses and mason jar. You could trade the items out for whatever event you're celebrating. These are great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, Lora!! Maybe i'll give that a shot for Adeline's party. Have a fun weekend :)
      -Kayla

      Delete

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...