Banner

Orchard Girls

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

DIY: Pallet Wine Rack

Happy Tuesday! I wanted to share with you a quick DIY that I finished a few weeks ago. This project is great for your own home OR they would make great gifts (Christmas, Wedding, New home etc.). Here is what you'll need. A pallet like this: 
DIY: Pallet Wine Rack by Orchard Girls
And here is what you'll need to do:
1. Using a circular saw or a hand saw, cut along the line of the second board. 
2. Pick a fairly straight and in good condition board from the remaining pallet and remove it.
3. Using nails attach it do the bottom of your cut off rack to make the bottom.
That's it. It is that simple to make your rack.
DIY: Pallet Wine Rack by Orchard Girls
 Next what I did was applied a stain/sealer in one to the entire rack. I used a dark walnut color for the stain.
DIY: Pallet Wine Rack by Orchard Girls
DIY: Pallet Wine Rack by Orchard Girls
Please let us know if you try this out! I would love to hear about it.
I have to mention....I survived the Pirate Plunder Mud Adventure Race that I had previously mentioned! WOOHOO! I have to admit, it was an extreme challenge. I wasn't prepared nearly enough, but I still had a lot of fun, and got to spend some time with my sisters. Here are a few pictures:
Pirate Plunder Adventure Race - Yakima, WA
Pirate Plunder Adventure Race - Yakima, WA
Pirate Plunder Adventure Race - Yakima, WA
(Sister, Sister, Brother-in-law, Me, and Daniel)
I hope you have a great Tuesday - Be sure to stop by again tomorrow for Kenzie's What We Eat Wednesday recipe!
Also, be sure to follow us on FACEBOOK by clicking "follow" below.

6 comments:

  1. Great idea. Even for some one like me that can't cut a striat line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's up girls! I love your site and your story. I have a few pallets in my garage just waiting for a project like this! I will let you know it I end up making this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Meg! Thank you so much for stopping by and saying hi. This is a great pallet project that is pretty easy. Please do let us know! :)
      -Kayla

      Delete
  3. Hi, just wondering how I would hang this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I didn't include that, because we haven't actually hung ours yet! But what we WILL do is, because of the weight of the bottles and the pallet, we will use long screws and make sure to screw directly into the studs. Hope that helps :)
      -Kayla

      Delete

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...