Banner

Orchard Girls

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

What's in my Makeup Bag + Product Reviews

How is everyone doing this lovely Tuesday? It has started to cool down a bit here, and we are SO thankful. It will be nice to not have our A/C running 24/7!

Adam and I have been traveling quite a bit lately. My Dad has been in poor health, so we've been going back and forth between here are Oregon. I basically haven't unpacked, since we leave again so soon after we get home. I've already admitted to being a makeup junkie on here, and I have several products that I like to try out and rotate using. But since we've been on the go, I've just been using my absolute current faves that live in my makeup bag. I thought it might be fun to show you guys & give some product reviews- just in case you're looking for some new stuff!
First off, my makeup bag is just a clear bag I got in a summer kit from Sephora. It's nothing special, but I do like clear bags because I can easily see where things are. Here is a link to one that is pretty similar.

Now onto the products!
I should preface by saying that I have normal to dry skin. I am also prone to breakouts. When it comes to face makeup, I have found that spending more money on higher end products makes all the difference. I end up spending less money because I am using something for a longer period of time before purchasing something else- and I'm also much happier with my purchase! 

1. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly- This is BY FAR the best concealer I have used. And let me tell you, I've tried a ton. It is very creamy, highly pigmented, and sets really well. I use it under my eyes and anywhere I have redness. It blends out beautifully, and a little bit goes a long way. If you've been searching for a concealer, I think this is definitely worth the splurge.
2. Mac Blush in Dame- I've had this blush for a long time. It's my favorite cool toned pink blush. I use it almost everyday, and I still have a ton left! Mac blushes are great, and this is my favorite that I own.
3. theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer- This is a highlighting powder that I received in my Birchbox one month. It's basically a champagne highlight. You can use it on the tops of yours cheeks, cupids bow, or even as an eyeshadow. I think it's really pretty, but I have other highlights I like a little more. This one is a BAM IN YOUR FACE highlighter that you need to really be in the mood to wear.
4. Benefit Hoola Bronzer- I've also had this product for a long time. You can tell because I've hit the metal pan! I don't wear bronzer too often, but when I do, I use this one. It isn't too orangey on my fair skin and a little bit goes a long way. That being said, you need to be careful with this bronzer since it is highly pigmented. I just use a big fluffy powder brush, and that does the trick.
5. Laura Mercier Mineral Powder Foundation in Soft Porcelain- I am a huge fan of mineral powder foundations. You would think that having dry skin would prohibit you from using powder foundations, but it doesn't. I've tried several different kinds, and I really like this one. It has great coverage, and blends really nicely. I also like it because it's a perfect color match, and I have a really hard time with that. 

1. Urban Decay Naked Basics Pallette- I love this little pallete for everyday. It has mostly matte shades, except for the one on the far left. They all blend seamlessly into one another, and don't fade throughout the day. This is an awesome basic pallete to have, even if you don't wear a lot of make up. It has pretty much everything you would need.
2. Wet & Wild Eyeshadow Trio in Walking on Eggshells- Wet & Wild eyeshadows are awesome! I don't know if you have tried any of the Wet & Wild products recently, but they have some really nice stuff out now. I especially love their eye shadows and blushes. These shadows are so creamy and pigmented. They go on like a dream. I would gladly spend more money on these, but thankfully they are only around 3 bucks.
3. L'Oreal Double Extend Eye Illuminator Eyeliner in Black Emerald- I purchased this eyeliner because of the flesh toned liner on the one end. I don't usually use pencil liners, except for on my waterline. Using a flesh toned (or white) pencil on your waterline makes your eyes appear bigger and more awake. Also, if you tend to have red eyes, it helps them appear brighter. I have problems with red eyes and looking tired. This pencil definitely makes me look a bit more awake!
4. Cover Girl Flamed Out Mascara- I go through a lot of mascaras. You don't want these hanging around too long, so I get rid of mine after a couple of months. I've had this one for about a month now, and I'm liking it alright. I really didn't like it at first, as it was too wet, and the brush was hard to get used to and I got mascara all over the place. Now that it's dried out a bit, I like it a lot more. I won't repurchase it, but I don't hate it. 
5. Elf Studio Cream Liner- I love cream liner, and this one does the job well. It's really creamy and very black. These last a long time, so you get your money out of this 3 dollar liner! If you have a hard time applying pencil or liquid liners, I suggest trying a cream liner with an angled brush. It works really well for me.
1. Frownies Rose Water Hydrator Spray- This is another sample I received in my Birchbox. I liked to so much, I purchased the full size from their online store. I use this after I finish all of my makeup as a makeup setting spray. It takes away any powder-y looking spots on the face. And since I use a powder foundation, I've noticed that it helps the powder to melt into my skin better. It's also great to use after cleaning your face! Very refreshing.
2. Maybelline Define-A-Brow in Dark Blonde- I really like this pencil for filling in my eyebrows. I don't need to completely fill them in, but I have a few spots that require a little something. This pencil has a really fine tip, which I love. It goes on well, and can be blended out with the little comb that comes on the other end.
3. Eyebrow Shaper- Ever since I started using these, I haven't plucked a single eyebrow hair. You have to use it more often than you would plucking, but it makes life so much easier. I usually touch up right before I do my makeup.
4. Maybelline Color Whisper in Lust for Blush- I love these Color Whispers! I have 2 of them, and I use them everyday. They are quite hydrating, and give a bit of shine. This color is just a light pink that goes with everything. Oh, and they smell like Fruity Pebbles. :)

Well, that's it! That actually took me a lot longer than I thought it was going to, but that's okay. It was a lot of fun! I hope you guys enjoyed, and that it was helpful for someone. Feel free to let us know what you think in the comments. 

Have a great rest of your day, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.

Check out the parties we link to by visiting our Link Party Directory

2 comments:

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...