Banner

Orchard Girls

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Thrifty Thursday: DIY Wine Glass Rack!

Good morning, how are you doing today? Wonderful I hope! It's almost the weekend and I have the perfect quick, fun, easy, and THRIFTY weekend project for you! All you need to do is find one of these bad boys...
DIY - Wine Glass Rack by Orchard Girls
I found mine at a local Vintage flea market a couple of weeks ago. I was so surprised when I found it, I went out that day with this on my mind - thinking it is all I wanted to find, and I found it! That never happens! :) Anyway, it was only $3.00. Next I purchased a few of these from Michael's a couple of weeks ago, not really sure what I wanted to use them for, but I knew they would come in handy. They were 50 or 60% off, I believe! So they ended up being about 50 cents per pack.
DIY - Wine Glass Rack by Orchard Girls
Now I used the two that the arrows are pointing to, to decorate my wine glass rack. You could really use anything - ribbon, twine, burlap strips. Whatever you'd like.
DIY - Wine Glass Rack by Orchard Girls
Now, originally, I was going to paint or spray paint the tool a solid color, but I decided to skip that step and just add these embellishments. It covered most of the imperfections and added some uniqueness! 
DIY - Wine Glass Rack by Orchard Girls
 So, I hung it up with two nails, one on each side. It is pretty sturdy, but I still felt nervous about the glasses falling off somehow, especially with a little one, who will soon be running around (running into walls-im sure).
DIY - Wine Glass Rack by Orchard Girls
 I decided to attach these clothespins , I thought they were cute enough to leave on and ensured the glasses wouldn't accidentally fall off. I got these a Michael's too - in their dollar bins.
DIY - Wine Glass Rack by Orchard Girls

DIY - Wine Glass Rack by Orchard Girls
So there you have it, my quick and thrifty Wine Glass Rack! What do you think? Let us know in the comments down below :) Have an awesome day!
Be sure to stop by our Link Party Directory Page to see where we "party"!

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute!! I've been trying to find an old rake for a similar project!! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ann. I was so excited when I found mine! Good luck on your search :)
      -Kayla

      Delete
  2. I love this! I pinned it to the party board for THE Pin It Party! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Amy! We appreciate it. Hope your week is going well.
      -Kayla

      Delete

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...