Banner

Orchard Girls

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

WWEW: Ramen Noodle Salad

First things first. My friend Alexis started a blog, you should go check it out! (After you write down this recipe, of course ;) Her blog is called Laugh, Eat, & Learn. Doesn't that sound fun? Go check it out and leave her a little comment love and tell her I sent you! 
Okay, it's Wednesday, congratulations you made if half way through the week. This week feels like it is going pretty slow to me, maybe it was the long weekend? Maybe I'm just excited for Friday? Daniel and I get to go to a baseball game! It should be a lot of fun :) 
Alright, back on track! What We Eat Wednesday - Today I wanted to share with you an easy and CHEAP weeknight side dish (easily turned into a main dish if you want to add meat.) This is also a GREAT side dish to bring to any potluck/BBQ, because its great for hot or cold weather. I am talking about Ramen Noodle Salad!
Ramen Noodle Salad - OrchardGirls.blogspot.com
Someone brought a version of this to a bbq I went to over the weekend, and I wanted to try and replicate it (without the recipe, I might add). I got the general idea, but basically I made this without a recipe, so I was a little nervous when I pulled it out for the hubs to try. Guess what? He said he really liked it. Score!

What you'll need (Ingredients):

Ramen Noodle Salad - OrchardGirls.blogspot.com
  • 2-3 Ramen Noodle Packages (crunch em up while still in bag)
  • small bag of salad (I think i used iceburg)
  • small bag of Broccoli Coleslaw Mixture
  • 1/2 Can Peas
  • 1 cup broccoli (cut)
  • 1 cup carrots (chopped)
  • 1 cup celery (chopped)
  • 1-2 green onions (chopped)
  • red onion (to taste)(chopped)
  • about 1/3 of a green pepper (you guessed it, chopped)!
Boil Ramen noodles for 2-3 minutes (crunch them up in the bag first). Drain and rinse with cold water. Put in a bowl and set in fridge to cool.
Chop all your veggies - Mix all of your veggies together (peas, carrots, celery, broccoli, green onions, red onion, and green pepper). Then add your salad (I only used about 1/3 of the bag) and broccoli coleslaw (about 1/2 the bag) mixture to veggies. Place in fridge to cool.
Ramen Noodle Salad - OrchardGirls.blogspot.com
Sauce – ½ cup mayonnaise and 2 packets ramen seasoning-stir, then mix into salad. Then add all your ramen noodles and mix well. Place back in fridge until served. Oh, and I topped mine with (broken up little pieces) uncooked bag of the noodles to add a little crunch! Yum.
This made a LARGE bowl of the ramen salad – like the amount you would bring as a side dish to a bbq enough to feed a group of people. If you have any questions, let me know. Other than that, ENJOY!! :) 
Ramen Noodle Salad - OrchardGirls.blogspot.com
Have a great day all,

We will be linking up at these lovely parties HERE!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Ladies! Thanks again for the nomination on the Liebster Award. I posted it on my blog today! http://itfreezesbeautifully.blogspot.com/2013/07/i-won.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Girls! This looks delicious. I have a different Ramen salad recipe, but want to give this one a try. I like your "About Us" section! I am a new follower and would love for you to visit me at Still Woods Farmhouse and follow my little blog. Have a great day and thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see what recipes you have when the apples start coming in!
    Blessings from Still Woods Farmhouse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! We will have to check your recipe out. We are definitely excited to try out some fun recipes with the apples!
    -Kayla

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...