Banner

Orchard Girls

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Thrifty Thursday: FREE Paint Chip Artwork-DIY

Good Morning! I just have a quick post today, but a good one, and best of all a THRIFTY one! 
Paint Chip Artwork
Thrifty Thursday - Paint Chip Artwork
FREE DIY Project!
 It was inspired by a frame I got at Goodwill. I stained it to a darker wood color and was looking for something to put in it, something more than just a picture, but something that didn’t cost money. So I did what any other person would do, turned to pinterest, of course! Haha. I found a project, then put a little twist on it. For this project all you need is a printed picture (black and white work best). I chose one from my wedding day! Here is a list of other items you’ll need.
1. Frame
2. Printed Picture (preferably black and white)
3. Various color themed paint chips
4. Shaped hole puncher (I chose a heart one that I got from Michael’s for 50% off)

Thrifty Thursday - Paint Chip Artwork
Next comes the most tedious part, hole punching your paint chips. Once you do that, arrange your hole punched paint chips in the color order you’d like to use them and lay them out on your picture, in whatever pattern you’d like. Use a little bit of glue (I used Clear Gel Tacky Glue) and stick them on your picture. Here is how mine turned out! I love it, I hope you do to.
Thrifty Thursday - Paint Chip Artwork
This is a simple DIY project that took hardly any time, but adds a fun twist to just a plain picture in a frame. Let me know what you think, and lets us know if you're going to give it a try. I hope you have a fabulous day! 
Thank you for all of your support and encouragement,





Check out these lovely linky parties this post is linked to HERE!

7 comments:

  1. Thats cute!!! I have a pile of paint chip cards sitting around for a rainy day and this just might be the project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lish, thank you! Let us know how it turns out :)
    Tori, thanks for stopping by and the sweet comment!
    -Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just pinned this for later! I LOVE it! And I happen to have some paint chips here for my eventual redo upstairs. I will be using this idea for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great, Kristen! I'm glad you like it, and you already have paint chips on hand..that's a plus! :)
    -Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a really cute idea and a great way to use paint chips. I have quite a few I could use. Thanks for sharing on Thursdays Treasures. This will be a feature.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, thank you so much Christie! I'm glad you like it, and we're super excited to be a feature. We will be sure to add feature button to our page :)
    -Kayla

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...