Banner

Orchard Girls

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Thrifty Thursday: Cover Drawers with Dollar Store Shelf Liner!

Alright, so this is going to be a super quick post! This project took me hardly any time, and it wasn't really necessary to take a bunch of pictures. All I did was cover the fronts of some drawers with some adhesive shelf liner I found at the dollar store. Super easy, and super cheap! Here is the before.
The set of drawers is from Target. I believe it was around 30 dollars when I bought it. The drawers pull all the way out, and you can access them from either side. I thought it would be fun to use for my crafting supplies. You can see the shelf liner here, and also some little bins I bought for organizing my things. And that's our nosey dog, who always seems to be in my face when I'm home.

So, basically I just cut out some pieces of the shelf liner that were a bit larger than the surface I was covering.
I found that it was harder to pull the adhesive side off the backing when the cut piece was larger. So, make it as small as you can before you pull it off the backing. Once you've done that, just stick that baby on! Be careful to not get any folds in the paper, they're pretty hard to get out. Bubbles, on the other hand, are pretty easy to fix. Just use your exacto knife, or a pin, to poke a tiny hole and then rub the bubble out. Use your knife to cut around the sides of the surface to remove excess paper. You're done. 
Easy, huh? It really didn't take me much time. Maybe a half an hour. Though, I was only coving one side of my drawers. Oh, I think I only used about 2/3 of my roll of shelf liner! Pretty nice for costing less than a dollar!

Short and sweet. I hope you're enjoying your Thursday! Thanks for stopping by and for supporting us. We appreciate it so much!

Check out the linky parties we link to HERE

6 comments:

  1. very nice thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dollar store! What a great find. Your project turned out terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I am happy to admit I'm addicted to the dollar store! :)
    -Kenzie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Cute AND cheap, can't beat that. :)
      -Kayla

      Delete

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...