Banner

Orchard Girls

Monday, June 10, 2013

DIY: Painted Mason Jar Vases

It’s Monday, already! Wow, I swear time is going by faster and faster these days. I can’t believe it is already the 10th of June, when did that happen? Over the weekend we got to attend a wedding at a winery for some friends of ours. It was so beautiful! Hopefully you all were able to enjoy some nice weather! I also had some family come visit Daniel and I, which was so much fun! I don't get to see my family all that often, so whenever they get to come this way, we always have so much fun!
Summer Wedding at a Winery
Well, today I am going to share with you a super easy DIY to spruce up any space, using MASON JARS. The great thing about mason jars is that there are seriously, SO many different projects that you can do with them. Today I will be sharing my painted mason jar vases.
Actually, I only used one "real" mason jar. The rest are spaghetti or Alfredo sauce jars! I've been saving them as I go. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with them, but this is what I came up with.  
You've probably already read about a million different tutorials on how to paint mason jars, so I'll spare you the obvious details. Not to mention I'm about a year behind on this novel idea :)
Here is what I did though. I thinly covered the outside of the jar using a vintage yellow acrylic paint. After that I mix other grays, teals, and blues to come up with the colors you see in these pictures. I did the yellow first in hopes of doing some distressing after I put on the second color. Okay, that didn't really work, when I tried to distress them, it just took off both layers! What I suggest doing is using the first color on the INSIDE of the jar. then covering the outside with the main color!
I only painted below the lid area, then once that dried I covered the lid area with a coordinating color to match the other vases. I like the way that it turned out, I think it brings all of them together giving them more of a matching set feel.
Here comes the fun part! Pick out various types and colors of flowers to put in the jars. For this picture I just used the flowers I already had, but I am excited to go pick out coordinating flowers and put these vases with the new flowers on my mantle!
If anything, hopefully this gave you some inspiration for an easy way to spruce up any area of your house! You can coordinate the colors with the existing colors already in your house. or use them as a "pop" of color. Either way, have fun!
I hope you have a great day,
Be sure to check out these lovely linky parties we've linked to HERE!

6 comments:

  1. These are really cute! I really wish I had a front porch so that I could have a space to explore the more "rustic" side of my style. I'm pinning this so I'll remember it for someday...

    Krissy @ HotCommodityHome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krissy,
    Thank you! We've currently working on a front porch area for a couple of weeks now! I can't wait for it to be done. Thank you again for your kind words! I hope you're able to do this project soon :)
    -Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  3. I DEFINITELY want to do this in my backyard when we get it done.. very nice! Thanks for linking up at www.happywifey.net! I will try to host every Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, thanks for stopping by! Let us know how it turns out. Have a great day. We'll definitely be back at the party on Monday! :)
    -Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  5. These turned out great ladies! Stop by later today to see them featured :)

    xo, Tanya
    http://twelveoeight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tanya,
    WOW! We are honored to have a feature! We really appreciate it. I saw the announcement for the new party starting in July, we're excited to link up! Have a wonderful day.
    -Kayla

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...