Banner

Orchard Girls

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

DIY: Father's Day Gift Idea!

Father's Day is just around the corner! This will be Daniel's first Father's Day. I saw this idea on pinterest before Adeline was even born, and knew I wanted to try it. I love the way it turned out, and Adeline was in a good mood so the pictures were a lot easier to take, and turned out adorable. Of course, I am a little biased ;)
Materials Needed:
1. Letter's "D" and "A"
2. Three frames
3. Blank Canvas / Paint (optional)
4. e6000 or other strong glue

Okay, so here is what i did. I purchased the letter's "A" and "D". Spelling out D-A-D made it easier, because I only had to purchase two letters. I got these letters at Michael's for a couple dollars each. Then I got three frames at Wal-mart for only a couple dollars too. Doesn't really matter if they're cheap frames. 
 Actually, it might be better that they're cheap seeing as you need to bust off the stands anyway. :) Doing this allows you to lay them flesh against the canvas.
After you put the pictures in the frames, and break off the stands, you can work on your canvas. Lots of different options here. I opted to just paint the canvas to have a background color. You could leave it white or even paint a design!
 Okay, once you've done all that you're ready to glue the pieces together. I used e6000 glue to attach the three frames to the canvas. I lined them up and put the three pictures right up against each other.

Here is the final product! I think we're going to hang it up in daddy's office.

What are your plans for Father's Day? Did you make any fun crafts from the little ones? Let me know, and feel free to link them up in the comments below, I'd love to see! :)

**Make sure to check out the lovely linky parties we've linked to HERE!**
and @ Mums Make List
Have an awesome Tuesday,

7 comments:

  1. So cute! Love this idea! Thanks for linking up to Give Me the Goods Monday! Love having you party with us!! Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jenna! Thank YOU for hosting a lovely party, we love linking up! SO many fun and crafty ideas.
    -Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Thank you for coming by and sharing this on Fluster Buster's Creative Muster Party.

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for hosting, Robin! Always a fun party :)
    -Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute fathers day gift idea!! Very creative.Must try :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab idea!

    I would love for you to link up at the Mommy Archive - we're focusing on father's day this week, Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you ladies, for your kind words!
    *Alice, I just linked this up to the Father's day category. And found a few other categories to link up to as well! What a great party. I started following you guys on google+ and a few other social medias! Have a wonderful day!
    -Kayla

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...